Here’s another great top-10 list. Admittedly, it’s codswallop.
However, you will recognize some of the words – and you may just use a few of them.
- Buffoonery / foolish or playful behavior or practice
- Codswallop / words or language having no meaning or conveying no intelligible ideas; drivel
- Bosh / foolish talk or activity; nonsense – often used interjectionally
- Tomfoolery / playful or foolish behavior
- Bunkum / insincere or foolish talk; claptrap
- Blatherskite / voluble nonsensical or inconsequential talk or writing; blather
- Flapdoodle / foolish, empty, and often specious talk, writing, ideas, or opinions
- Balderdash / nonsense; empty talk
- Monkeyshines / pranks; mischievous or questionable tricks or pranks; monkey business
- Folderol / nonsensical talk or action; trivial nonsense
SOURCE: The Merriam Webster Dictionary
Chris George, providing reliable PR & GR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.