If you are looking to improve your performance at work (or looking to improve your life in some way) you need to be constantly challenging yourself with pointed questions. Take the time to reflect; answer yourself straight-away and as honestly as you can.
What questions will initiate a good personal review? Here are a dozen striking probes that we suggest can affect a positive change for you.
- Where do you want to be in five years – and how are you going to get there?
- What do you want to do with your money?
- If you have only one word to describe your actions in the last year, what would it be?
- If you had to start something over, in that time, what would it be? (So, why are you not starting it over now?)
- What is your daily source of energy? Of happiness / satisfaction?
- What is holding you back in your life? (Is this a justified complaint? Or a fear you must confront?)
- What are you grateful for?
- Tell me one thing that makes you smile every single day of your life?
- What would be the most amazing thing that could happen to you in this next 12 months?
- What are three things you will do so this has a chance of happening?
- If you could go back in time and tell yourself something you didn’t know 10 years ago, what would it be?
- What would “you in 10 years” tell yourself today so you have a great 10 years in front of yourself?
Chris George, providing reliable PR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer or experienced communicator? 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.