Advocacy 101… the six steps…
- Plan: Write your objectives and course of action down on paper and discuss with all participants.
- Identify target audience: Get specific about who you want to reach and develop your lists.
- Focus theme and message(s): Take time and pay attention to your messaging — be clear, concise, precise and use engaging language.
- Develop tools and tactics: Answer the question, “what will best make our point?”, and develop presentation materials that will be effective with your chosen audience(s).
- Implement plan and analyse response (and revise messages if necessary): Constantly monitor your exchanges and you might need to revise and redeliver the messages.
- Follow-through: You will foster strong relationships and realize goals when you pay attention to the details and follow-through with all leads.
Chris George provides reliable PR & GR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? Call 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.