Here is an interest top-ten list. The Merriam Webster dictionary has listed the 10 most funny sounding and interesting words.
- Bumfuzzle / to confuse; perplex; fluster
- Cattywampus / (dialect) askew, awry, kitty-corner
- Gardyloo / used in Edinburgh as a warning cry when it was customary to throw slops from the windows into the streets
- Taradiddle / 1 : a fib 2 : pretentious nonsense
- Billingsgate / coarsely abusive language
- Snickersnee / 1. (archaic) to engage in cut-and-thrust fighting with knives 2 : a large knife
- Widdershins / in a left-handed or contrary direction; counterclockwise
- Collywobbles / pain in the abdomen and especially in the stomach; a bellyache
- Gubbins / (dialect Britain) fish parings or refuse; broadly : any bits and pieces
- Diphthong / two vowel sounds joined in one syllable to form one speech sound, e.g. the sounds of “ou” in out and of “oy” in boy
Chris George provides reliable PR & GR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? Call 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.