eCommerce is growing exponentially, especially within the North American economy. Here are recent findings published by Gigya -Gigya’s Connected Consumer Management Suite, a company that provides strategic services to maximize profits with mobile and socially connected consumers.
- 68% of consumers agree that shopping today is less about brands or products themselves and more about what they are feeling and needing.
- A third of adult Internet users under 30 are getting their information from what their friends are posting on social networks rather than from traditional business homepages. (Pew Research)
- Customer reviews are trusted 12x more than marketing descriptions.
- 71% of consumers state that they are very concerned about online companies selling or sharing information about them without their permission.
- 77% of online shoppers would trust businesses more if they explained how they use their personal information.
- 40% of consumers buy more from retailers who personalize the shopping experience across channels.
- 48% of consumers use or would like to use a smartphone to shop while in-store or on the go.
- 45% of in-store consumers turn to social platforms on their mobile devices to influence their buying decisions.
- Connected devices are projected to total 26 billion by 2020.
More can be read on Gigya -Gigya’s corporate blog.