For more than a decade now, our elfish wordsmiths have circulated a special Christmas e-message early in December.
This year, we have provided a bevy of links – from historical facts to movie lists, from delicious recipes to puns and plenty of elfish humour. You will also find many beautiful thoughts that will prove perfect to lead a holiday toast or to inscribe in a card.
Enjoy the Season!
Our Christmas Wish E-Message – By George
Enjoy the read!
We are taken with our boys’ Christmas spirit this year. Our youngest, David, is seeking out every Salvation Army kettle drum to give to those in need. We all are constantly emptying our pockets so David can go to the SA volunteer and say “Merry Christmas.” Our fiddler, Alexander, has played a number of times for charities and community recitals, including a Traditional Christmas Dinner for the seniors of Pelham.
It’s harm-warming to know the spirit of giving is alive and well with the next generation.
From all of us at CG&A COMMUNICATIONS, we wish you the best through the holidays. Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous 2011!
For our season’s greetings, we present (below) ‘Our Favourite Magical Christmas Sayings.’ Further below you will find links to toasts, terrific sayings, and verse for both Christmas and New Year’s. We hope you can use this collection of sayings to make that holiday cheer a memorable one, to use as inscriptions in those special cards, or to spice up your conversations at family and social gatherings.
We also trust you will enjoy the By George Journal’s Christmas entries (all tagged Christmas) filled with seasonal fun, facts, and musings. The best of the season!
- Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.–Calvin Coolidge
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.–Norman Vincent Peale
- Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.–Washington Irving
- There is no ideal Christmas; only the one Christmas you decide to make as a reflection of your values, desires, affections, traditions. –Bill McKibben
- Until one feels the spirit of Christmas, there is no Christmas. All else is outward display–so much tinsel and decorations. For it isn’t the holly, it isn’t the snow. It isn’t the tree not the firelight’s glow. It’s the warmth that comes to the hearts of men when the Christmas spirit returns again.–Anonymous
- It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.–W. T. Ellis
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.–Burton Hillis
- I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.–Harlan Miller
- Time was with most of us, when Christmas Day, encircling all our limited world like a magic ring, left nothing out for us to miss or seek; bound together all our home enjoyments, affections, and hopes; grouped everything and everyone round the Christmas fire, and make the little picture shining in our bright young eyes, complete. –Charles Dickens
- They err who thinks Santa Claus comes down through the chimney; he really enters through the heart. –Mrs. Paul M. Ell.
- Were I a philosopher, I should write a philosophy of toys, showing that nothing else in life need to be taken seriously, and that Christmas Day in the company of children is one of the few occasions on which men become entirely alive. –Robert Lynd
- There’s nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child. –Erma Bombeck
- Remember, if Christmas isn’t found in your heart, you won’t find it under a tree. –Charlotte Carpenter
- Christmas: that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance–a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.–Augusta E. Rundel
- It is the personal thoughtfulness, the warm human awareness, the reaching out of the self to one’s fellow man that makes giving worthy of the Christmas spirit. –Isabel Currier
- This is the message of Christmas: We are never alone. –Taylor Caldwell
- Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect. –Oren Arnold
- Christmas, my child, is love in action. –Dale Evans
- Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love. –Hamilton Wright Mabie
- Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves. –Eric Sevareid
Further remarkable quotes and toasts for the season’s gatherings: