- Government is like a big baby – an alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
- Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving; regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
- Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.
- Either you will control your government, or government will control you.
- We are a nation that has a government – not the other way around…. It is time to check and reverse the growth of government, which shows signs of haven grown beyond the consent of the governed.
- Status quo, you know, that is Latin for “the mess we’re in.”
- When a business or an individual spends more than it makes, it goes bankrupt. When government does it, it sends you the bill. And when government does it for 40 years, the bill comes in two ways: higher taxes and inflation.
- Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which the citizenry might better provide for itself.
- Man is not free unless government is limited. There’s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics. As government expands, liberty contracts.
- The best view of big government is in the rear view mirror as we leave it behind.
Chris George, providing reliable PR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer or experienced communicator? 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.