Canadian Anaphylaxis Initiative is an advocacy effort marshaled by a volunteer group of families from anaphylaxis support associations in communities across Canada. The CAI’s mission is to prompt the federal government to develop a strategic plan to decrease the risks for Canadians living with anaphylaxis (severe, life-threatening allergies) and to educate the public.
Canadian Anaphylaxis Initiative has a 5 point policy request of the federal government.
- Federal Coordination – of programs and services dealing with anaphylaxis and food allergy information
- Coordinated Awareness Campaigns – both targeted and general public information initiatives
- Long Term Commitment to Research – a strategic response and more dollars for research
- Improved Allergen Labelling – for foods, drugs, cosmetic and personal care products
- Improved Transportation Safeguards – airline and public transportation policies that reduce risk for food allergic passengers
A detailed backgrounder on the 5 point policy request can be found here:
More information about this initiative can be found on the Canadian Anaphylaxis Initiative Facebook page.