We’ve almost completed our first day back. Here are another dozen quotes on work and effort that we found rather amusing today. (ed. – Thank you to all those who contacted us with words of encouragement on this day).
- Sweat is the cologne of accomplishment. – Heywood Hale Broun
- Ya gots to work with what you gots to work with. – Stevie Wonder
- It’s a shame that the only thing a man can do for eight hours a day is work. He can’t eat for eight hours; he can’t drink for eight hours; he can’t make love for eight hours. The only thing a man can do for eight hours is work. – William Faulkner
- Some people dream of success… while others wake up and work hard at it. – Author Unknown
- The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get into the office. – Robert Frost
- When your work speaks for itself, don’t interrupt. – Henry J. Kaiser
- He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying. – Friedrich Nietzsche
- Work is accomplished by those employees who have not yet reached their level of incompetence. – Laurence J. Peter
- There’s nothing like biting off more than you can chew, and then chewing anyway. – Mark Burnett
- If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you’re a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. – Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
- God gave us two ends – one to sit on and one to think with. Success depends on which one you use. Head you win, tail you lose. – Author Unknown
- Going to work for a large company is like getting on a train. Are you going sixty miles an hour or is the train going sixty miles an hour and you’re just sitting still? – J. Paul Getty
Chris George, providing reliable PR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.