Business Insider magazine recently published a list of the “top 100 motivational quotes.” By George Journal has taken the liberty of presenting the “top 10” from that list.
- Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking. – William B. Sprague
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. – Aristotle
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
- Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent. – Marilyn vos Savant
- Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. – John Wooden
- Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything. – Napoleon Hill
- Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. – Mahatma Gandhi
- There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. – Dr. Denis Waitley
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
To view the full 100 quotes in the Business Insider list, here is the article.