Nice, Istanbul, Madrid, Paris, Brussels… As our world attempts to absorb one horrific tragedy after another, By George offers these quotes of reflection – bons mots of hope, promise and caring.
- Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. – Emory Austin
- What seems to us bitter trials are often blessings in disguise. – Oscar Wilde
- The struggle of life is one of our greatest blessings. It makes us patient, sensitive, and Godlike. It teaches us that although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. – Helen Keller
- Every area of trouble gives out a ray of hope; and the one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable. – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- True hope dwells on the possible, even when life seems to be a plot written by someone who wants to see how much adversity we can overcome. – Walter Anderson
- If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or fight like hell. – Lance Armstrong
- Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging. – Joseph Campbell
- When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. – Nido Qubein
- Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what is still possible for you to do. – Pope John XXIII
- Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. – Christopher Reeve
- Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles. – Samuel Smiles
- Pessimism never won any battle. – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Be realistic. Plan for a miracle. – Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
Chris George, providing reliable PR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.