By George underlined for future reference one of the 26 butter tart creations found in The Great Canadian Cookbook — Bacon Butter Tarts! This is a must-bake. Here is the recipe:
Premade pastry, cut into 3 1/2-inch circles
5 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
¼ cup soft butter
½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Line 18 medium sized muffin tins with the pastry. Do not prick.
3. In bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Stir in corn syrup, salt and vanilla. Combine until just blended.
4. Arrange cooked bacon in the shells.
5. Spoon mixture into unbaked tart shells filling each to about 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Do not allow filling to bubble over.
Prep time – 10 minutes; total time – 25 minutes; and, makes 18 servings.
The Food Network has a video to guide you through the baking process.
By George has declared July as “Butter Tart Month.” Here is a menu of our delectable articles on Canada’s iconic dessert.
Chris George, providing reliable PR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer or experienced communicator? 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.