Ontario Tourism has compiled a comprehensive list of butter tart bakeries and stores across the Province – and it is much more thorough than the short list Canadian Living magazine published in 2014. This is a definitive list that tourists can plan their travels around!
CLIP AND SAVE THIS DEFINITIVE LIST OF THE BEST BUTTER TARTS IN ONTARIO
Here are seven spots that stood out with multiple rave reviews.
Butter Tarts ‘n More – Little Britain
Betty’s Pies and Tarts – Port Hope
Dee’s General Store – Valens
DooDoo’s Bakery – Bailieboro
The Little Tub Bakery –Tobermory
Don’s Bakery – Bala (photo below)
Harbord Bakery & Dark Horse Espresso Bar – Toronto
And here is the full list!
- Marty’s World Famous Cafe – Bracebridge
- Wolfe Island Bakery – Kingston
- The Farmer’s Daughter – Huntsville
- Trudy’s – Bancroft
- Kawartha Dairy – Bancroft
- Nancy’s Bakery – Sauble Beach
- The Little Tart – Haliburton
- West Guilford General Store – Haliburton County
- Grandma’s Beach Treats – Wasaga Beach
- The Buttertart Factory – Campbellford
- Doohers Bakery – Campbellford
- The Bear’s Den – Deep River
- Cox’s – Quetico North
- Elliot’s Bakery, Garden & Greenhouse – Wiarton
- Fulton’s Pancake House – Pakenham
- A Little Taste of Paradise – Sterling
- Tazzi’s Cafe – Sault Ste. Marie
- Andrew’s Scenic Acres – Milton
- Country Mart – Buckhorn
- Black Honey – Peterborough
- The Bakery – Flesherton
The source article can be found here: Ontario’s Best Butter Tarts – as chosen by you!
AND I would like to add two more…. Baker Bob’s in Almonte and The Pakenham General Store. See the review on these bakeries here.
By George has declared July as “Butter Tart Month.” Here is a menu of our delectable articles on Canada’s iconic dessert.
Chris George, providing reliable PR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer or experienced communicator? 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.
The best butter tarts we have tasted in the last 10 years are at the Algonquin Lunch Bar and Gas Station in Whitney Ontario. Plain, pecan or raisin – none of that fooling around with exotic twists on the basic Canadian treat. Melt in your mouth crust, perfect consistency of filling- just all-round good. The only problem is they’re so far away.