How many of these 10 St. Valentine Day Facts did you know?
- Men spend twice as much as women on gifts. The average man spends $130 on Valentine’s Day, while women spend about $70.
- Every year, more than 36 million heart shaped boxes of chocolate are sold across the country.
- Every year, around 9 million people buy their pets a Valentine’s Day gift.
- February 14th is the second largest card giving day of the year, just after Christmas.
- In 1913, Hallmark was one of the first to mass produce a Valentine’s Day card and today it’s expected that 1 billion cards will be exchanged around the world.
- Teachers receive the most Valentine’s Day cards, followed by kids, mothers, wives and girlfriends.
- It’s estimated that Americans will spend $3.3 billion on flowers for loved ones. The only other day that beats Valentine’s Day in floral sales is Mother’s Day.
- The most likely flower to be purchased? Red roses of course!
- In 2015, 18% of women sent themselves flowers.
- More than one-third of men are comfortable not receiving anything from a lover on Valentine’s Day.
Chris George provides reliable PR & GR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? Call 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS. Contact: ChrisG.George@gmail.com