System1 is an international marketing company that has identified the top dozen Christmas ads for this Christmas season. The company featured the Top-12 list in the global marketing publication The Drum.
In a The Drum interview, Jon Evans, the chief customer officer at System1 stated: “2022 is still going to be a tough Christmas for many, and Christmas ads won’t change that. But marketers have taken the right approach here. They’re quietly acknowledging the circumstances families are facing, but also trying their best to make ads that make people feel good, not remind them of their problems.”
Evans added: “It’s a sign they’ve learned from ads during the pandemic, which lost all individuality in an attempt to sound caring. As we enter a recession, it’s really important to maintain a positive presence in people’s minds so they’re more likely to choose your brand when recovery does come. The Christmas ads of 2022 understood that assignment perfectly.”
Here are this year’s best dozen ads of Christmas according to System1.
- Asda: ‘Buddy The Elf’ (5.9 stars)
- Amazon: ‘Joy Is Made’ (5.9 stars)
- Aldi: ‘#KevinTheCarrot Aldi Christmas Ad 2022’ (5.9 stars)
- M&S: ‘Gifts That Give’ (5.9 stars)
- Lego: ‘Holiday Film 2022’ (5.8 stars)
- The National Lottery: ‘A Christmas Love Story’ (5.7 stars)
- Disney: ‘The Gift’ (5.5 stars)
- Lidl: ‘The Story Of Lidl Bear’ (5.4 stars)
- Barbour: ‘One Of A Kind-Ness’ (5.3 stars)
- Tesco: ‘The Christmas Party’ (5.2 stars)
- Cadbury: ‘Secret Santa’ (5.2 stars)
- Boots: ‘#JoyForAll’ (5.2 stars)
Chris George provides reliable PR & GR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? Call 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.