Here are five great William James quotes to start the day:
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”
- “To change one’s life: 1. Start immediately. 2. Do it flamboyantly. 3. No exceptions.”
- “Sow an action and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny.”
- “The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.”
- “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”
William James (January 11, 1842 – August 26, 1910) was a pioneering American psychologist and philosopher. He was the brother of novelist Henry James; his godfather was Ralph Waldo Emerson; and, during his lifetime, he befriended Bertrand Russell, John Dewey, Mark Twain, Horatio Alger and Sigmund Freud.
(ed. – You may know By George Journal is on Twitter and, among other subject matter, is tweeting inspirational and motivational quotes. So, By George Journal on Twitter with the handle none-other-than: @ByGeorgeJournal )
Chris George, providing reliable PR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.