- A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
- Life is not governed by will or intention. Life is a question of nerves, and fibers, and slowly built-up cells in which thought hides itself, and passion has its dreams.
- A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
- Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing.
- Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
- Always! That is the dreadful word … it is a meaningless word, too.
- The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
- A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.
- To most of us the real life is the life we do not lead.
- Pleasure is the only thing to live for. Nothing ages like happiness.
- The old believe everything: the middle-aged suspect everything: the young know everything.
- The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.
Chris George, providing reliable PR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.