Here is a tongue-in-cheek list of rules for those who wish to maintain a skeptical outlook.
- Do not let what you think get in the way of what you see.
- Do not let what you see determine what you think, for appearances are deceptive.
- Be omnivorous in your tastes.
- The only way to see something whole is from several points of view.
- The closer you come to reality the more it is a mystery, and the more unimaginable it is that you or anything else exists.
- The only truth is in scrupulous satisfaction over time.
- Develop principles that you are willing to abandon, but not easily.
- When anything is too sacred to joke about, the cause is fear.
- If you are skeptical of faith and reason, what is left as a basis for decision? Everything, so long as you are prepared to be wrong.
- Death is the sunlight that makes all things visible.
(ed. – This is a repost, originally appearing in By George Journal in April 2010.)
Chris George, providing reliable PR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? Call 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.