Robert Brault is a free-lance writer who has contributed to many American magazines and newspapers. He also has an interesting blog and is a regular social media contributor. In 2012, Brault tweeted about 400 original thoughts on Twitter and recently he listed his top 50 tweets. Here are his top dozen 2012 tweets, in order of popularity.
- “Life becomes easier when you learn to accept an apology you never got.”
- “What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame but something wild to run with.”
- “Eventually you realize that the reason God didn’t always answer your prayers is that He was answering your mom’s prayers.”
- “Be happy, and a reason will come along.”
- “We never give up wanting things for ourselves, but there comes a day when what we want for ourselves is someone else’s happiness.”
- “As you wait for better days, don’t forget to enjoy today, in case they’ve already started.”
- “Sometimes we can’t find the thing that will make us happy, because we can’t let go of the thing that was supposed to.”
- “Having perfected our disguise, we spend our lives searching for someone we don’t fool.”
- “I have always needed a place to go to as refuge from the crowd — and a crowd to go to as refuge from that place.”
- “Charisma is not so much getting people to like you as getting them to like themselves when they’re around you.”
- “The hardest thing to learn in the game of love is when to fold a winning hand.”
- “The secret to peace of mind is not to let anyone with an IQ under 50 offend you.”
Very nice thoughts.