Here are a few facts that can be used as great conversation-starters in the office, or at your next social function. Did you know…?
- In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.
- Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue!
- A ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball of rubber. A ball of solid steel will bounce higher than one made entirely of glass.
- A person can live without food for about a month, but only about a week without water. If the amount of water in your body is reduced by just 1%, you’ll feel thirsty and if it’s reduced by 10%, you’ll die.
- The average person laughs 10 times a day!
- More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
- Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
- A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no one knows why.
- Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
- Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
- Skunks can accurately spray their smelly fluid as far as ten feet.
- Sloths take two weeks to digest their food.
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
- Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- The porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet. These two species are the only ones that have sex for pleasure.
- Every person has a unique tongue print as well as fingerprints.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
SOURCE: Hundreds of funny and interesting facts can be found here: Laughter Hell
Pingback: Redux: in_conversation | By George Journal