Our summer hiatus is set to begin this week! This year we have a great deal planned for “our mental re-fresher”: biking and hiking, reading a few novels and a bundle of magazines, fun at a whole lot of fiddle events, and as much canoeing as we can manage. (I also plan on digging through my files of poetry for a few skeletons to exhume.) This being our first summer back in the Ottawa area in more than a decade, our Family is looking forward to the parklands, waterways and many festivals and City events. So, let the fun begin!
Through the next five-to-six weeks, By George urges you to stay connected via our Twitter and/or Facebook postings. We plan to irregularly post our whereabouts and top-o’-mind musings. (We will be back posting in the By George Journal in late August.)
As a parting post, we leave you with these summertime links to help you with the heat of the season.
- Our FAV Summertime Music Play List (with links to videos)
- A poem: Staring into a Summer Day
- Summer Reading List: NY Times Best Sellers
- Plan your next outdoor experience(s) in Ontario!
- A Check List of 50 Fun Summertime Diversions from RealSimple.com
- Top-10 Unanswerable Questions (to ponder dockside)
- The accompanying painting of the canoe and chairs is by Dave Rosser. View his work here.
Enjoy your summer!