Admittedly, we too got caught up in the 30-minute-Twitter-frenzy following Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s press conference late afternoon yesterday. Here are 10 of the more colourful tweets from the @ByGeorgeJournal feed.
- @splomgirl – I felt like my eyes were going to roll out of my head while scrolling through my twitterfeed of Rob Ford’s transcript.
- @brycebaril – I can’t help but hear Meatloaf when I hear Rob Ford’s speech. “I would do anything for Toronto, but I won’t step down…”
- @acarvin – This whole Rob Ford mess is like a Chris Farley SNL sketch that never, ever ends…. #TOpoli
- @ByGeorgeJournal – Very funny. #LOL – RT @davidakin – “It’s a little unorthodox as re-election launches go.” #topoli
- @slilleyman – Good news you guys! Via @VanityFair: Rob Ford’s Crack-Apology Football Tie Now Available on eBay
- @ArwenLong – I can’t stop tweeting about #RobFord. But I’m not an addict. I can stop at any time. #TOpoli
- @Naparstek – Toronto’s corrupt, corpulent, Cadillac-driving Rob Ford is the perfect embodiment of the demise the North American suburb.
- @gmbutts – So congratulations, Rob Ford, for outdoing all previous Hogtown Mayors. You’ve made Toronto the centre of the universe. #TOpoli
- @Irene680News – Not every day #CNN carries a presser from ##Toronto live, #RobFord has the world talking pic.twitter.com/lQbzDPPPWz
- @ByGeorgeJournal – Agreed! #LOL – RT @RosieBarton “After today no one is allowed to say bombshell on the news ever again. ok?”
And we RT-ed a few serious questions…
- @IvisonJ – Perennial questions for anyone in power: Where did your power come from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable?
- @rosalyndawn – Critical question for #cdnpoli types: How can we get voters -young voters esp- to take the political process seriously amid so much scandal?
Consider following @ByGeorgeJournal on Twitter
(ed. – Photo credit: Michelle Siu for the National Post)