@ByGeorgeJournal tweets often on art and the artist’s pursuit. Here are 10 of our favourite #art tweets from the last few weeks.
- For my part I know nothing w any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.” -Vincent van Gogh
- Art is not a study of positive reality, it is the seeking for ideal truth.” – John Ruskin
- Without art, the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable. – George Bernard Shaw
- Art is not what you see, but what you make others see. – Georgia O’Keeffe
- Books may well be the only true magic. – Alice Hoffman
- Books can ignite fires in your mind, because they carry ideas for kindling, and art for matches. – Gary D. Schmidt
- Do whatever you do intensely. – Robert Henri
- The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. – Pablo Picasso
- I care about truth not for truth’s sake but for my own. – Samuel Butler
- It is through art, and through art only, that we can realize our perfection. – Oscar Wilde
Consider joining us on Twitter @ByGeorgeJournal.
Here’s our Twitter profile: GR / PR idea guy, writer & amiable gadfly, 4ever amused with #cdnpoli & the backrooms of #politics. I’m also sharing #life #work #quotes to #motivate & #inspire — Ottawa / Almonte