Just where has the time gone? This month, Chris George and his network of associates at CG&A COMMUNICATIONS enter their 23rd year!
Over the last two decades, there has been a number of significant successes; and here are a few:
- counseling provincial ministers of education for more than a decade and achieving the inclusion of significant education amendments in the passage of new copyright law
- advocated for the passage of important federal impaired driving laws and various pieces of provincial legislation through 14 years of providing public policy and government relations counsel to MADD Canada
- provided counsel and support to Board members of the Ottawa Transition Board, which managed the amalgamation of 12 municipalities into the new City of Ottawa
- provided public/media relations (incl. on-line) services for MADD Canada, Commissionaires Ottawa, Hydro Ottawa, and West Lincoln Memorial Hospital
- positioned newly privatized Ottawa International Airport in business community, and branded the airport’s opening and new U.S. pre-clearance facility
- advocated for passage of Sabrina’s Law in Ontario, the first legislation in North America to address school anaphylaxis protocols
- worked with MPs for passage of a unanimous House of Commons motion to raise awareness for anaphylaxis in the federal government
On the 20th anniversary milestone, CG&A COMM compiled an interesting set of facts about the enterprise and its accomplishments. There is a whole bunch to remember!