As 2014 winds down, we’re once again speaking about the 20-year milestone we passed this year. 1994-2014 – what a ride!
For those who may not know about CG&A COMMUNICATIONS, here are 10 facts on our company’s history.
- In the 20 years, there has been more than 30 consultants work within our “CG&A network” (as many as 14 at one time in our history). Today, there are 4 individuals in the network who have been associated with us for more than 15 years.
- Though we started the business in Ottawa and much of our work focuses on Parliament Hill and the federal government, our company’s main office was located in the Niagara Region for just under 11 years (we operated in various Ottawa locations for the other 9+ years).
- We have played an integral role in the passage of important legislation: federal and provincial impaired driving laws; education amendments in Canada’s copyright law; and a new Ontario law that is the first North American legislation to address school anaphylaxis protocols.
- We have counseled CEO and Boards of a total of 5 hospitals and 6 health organizations, and worked with both the Health Minister and Deputy Minister in Ontario.
- We served the National President, National Board and CEO of MADD Canada on many different levels for a total of 14 years. We managed MADD’s government relations and advocacy efforts, executed its media relations, and advised on public policy matters.
- For more than a decade we have been counseling provincial ministers of education and senior policy officials, who have been successful in achieving significant education amendments in the recently passed federal copyright law.
- We provided strategic counsel and public relations support to Board members of the Ottawa Transition Board, the body that managed the amalgamation of 12 municipalities into the new City of Ottawa in 2001.
- For three years, we were the public relations company of record for the Ottawa International Airport, branding and positioning the newly privatized business entity (ed. – you may say in getting this contract our business took off).
- We provided media relations and webmaster services for a wide range of clients from MADD Canada to Commissionaires Ottawa, from Ottawa International Airport to Ottawa Transition Board; and advised dozens of other clients from hydro, telephone, hospitals, financial advisors, etc.
- Over the years, we have written and distributed By George, an entertaining and informative newsletter. Currently, Chris George edits the opus as an on-line journal: www.bygeorgejournal.ca.