Tom Brady did it again yesterday, leading his New England Patriots team to an amazing 4th quarter comeback Superbowl victory. Brady becomes the first QB with 5 NFL championship rings. So, to follow-up on this game-for-the-ages, By George compiled our 15 FAV observations of a truly great football quarterback – and a decent human being.
- Football is unconditional love.
- If you don’t play to win, don’t play at all.
- You wanna know which ring is my favorite? The next one.
- I didn’t come this far to only come this far, so we’ve still got further to go.
- I think that at the start of a game, you’re always playing to win, and then maybe if you’re ahead late in the game, you start playing not to lose. The true competitors, though, are the ones who always play to win.
- Mentally, the only players who survive in the pros are the ones able to manage all their responsibilities. Everybody struggles in different ways.
- If you don’t believe in yourself why is anyone else going to believe in you?
- A lot of times I find that people who are blessed with the most talent don’t ever develop that attitude, and the ones who aren’t blessed in that way are the most competitive and have the biggest heart.
- I’m not a person who defends myself very often. I kind of let my actions speak for me.
- To me, football is so much about mental toughness, it’s digging deep, it’s doing whatever you need to do to help a team win and that comes in a lot of shapes and forms.
- You have to believe in your process. You have to believe in the things that you are doing to help the team win. I think you have to take the good with the bad.
- Too often in life, something happens and we blame other people for us not being happy or satisfied or fulfilled. So the point is, we all have choices, and we make the choice to accept people or situations or to not accept situations.
- We all have experiences in our lives that change us, and we all learn from people, like my dad, but at the end of the day, it’s only us. And we’re only responsible to make ourselves happy.
- You know, watching Dan Marino and Steve Young get nominated to the Hall of Fame… those guys are unbelievable and they did it for so long. I’d love to play like those guys, but there’s still a long way to go and a lot of growing.
- If I have something to say, I want it to be meaningful.
Chris George, providing reliable PR & GR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? 613-983-0801 @ CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.