I don’t campaign. I just visit with the people.
Nothing I ever do is political.
I never say anything provocative.
I do not say that everything I did was right, but what I do say, Mr. Speaker, is that what I did was honest.
I was criticized for being too much concerned with the average Canadians. I can’t help that; I am one of them!
The Liberals are the flying saucers of politics. No one can make head nor tail of them and they never are seen twice in the same place.
- Everyone is against me – except the people!
- I’ve lived history. I’ve made history, and I know I’ll have my place in history. That’s not egoism.
- For an average Canadian, being chosen as leader of a nation gives one a feeling impossible to describe. You feel a sense of loneliness.
- I would never have been Prime Minister if the Gallup poll were right.
- My friends, you say, ‘Give ’em hell, John!’ I never do that. I tell the truth and it sounds like hell. It simply sounds that way to the Grits.
- Sir John A. Macdonald gave his life to this party. He opened the West. he saw Canada from east to west. I see a new Canada – a Canada of the North!
- Never in Canadian history has there been a government so prone to be prone.
- Criticism is sometimes necessary to create public opinion, but use discretion.
- The Conservative party will be the national party; it is the party which founded Confederation and the party that will save Confederation…. It is my intention to unite all Canadians from the Atlantic to the Pacific, under the banner of patriotism.
Chris George is an Ottawa-based government affairs advisor and wordsmith, president of CG&A COMMUNICATIONS. Contact: ChrisG.George@gmail.com