Love is in the air (throughout this week)….
Each day this week*, By George Journal will post a “Top-10” list of famous and/or popular love quotes. Then on Friday, in advance of St. Valentine’s Day, By George Journal will release it’s own “Top-10 Love Quotes.”
To start the week off, here is About.com Guide’s exclusive collection of top 10 famous quotes from famous people, as compiled by Simran Khurama.
- “Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Mark Twain
- “Thou art to me a delicious torment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” – Mother Teresa
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft
- “A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous.” – Ingrid Bergmen
- “He who wants to do good knocks at the gate: he who loves finds the door open.” – Rabrindranath Tagore
- “Where does the family start? It starts with a young man falling in love with a girl – no superior alternative has yet been found.” – Sir Winston Churchill
- “It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations.” – Kahlil Gibran
(ed. – This list was posted in February 2011.)