As we enter year-end festivities, inevitably, we will find ourselves at cocktail parties or dinner settings where we will be reaching for a topic of discussion. To help us through this season, By George Journal will provide questions and observations that can serve as perfect conversation starters. In the next few days, we’ll call this conversational thread “Over the Eggnog Bowl”.
Here are a dozen questions to start us off – enjoy your talks!
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? What can you do tomorrow that you’ll remember in 5 years? Are you going to do it?
(ed. – This series of “eggnog bowl” conversation starters was first compiled and published in the By George Journal a few years back. Over this weekend, we are reposting 5 articles that should provide you with more than enough interesting conversations to get you though the holidays. Cheers!)
Chris George provides reliable PR & GR counsel and effective advocacy. Need a go-to writer and experienced communicator? Call 613-983-0801 @CG&A COMMUNICATIONS.