Day 2 Route ~ August 30, 2022 (94 km)
- Leave Baddeck along Chebucto Road to turn back onto TransCanada Hwy
- Exit TransCanada onto 312 to the Englishtown Ferry
- Cross on the ferry and proceed on the 312 to the Clucking Hen Bakery
- Little River / French River / Wreck Cove General Store
- Cape Smokey climb and the lookoff
- Descending Smokey into Ingonish Ferry
- Ingonish and arriving at Sea Breeze Cottages to end Day 2
Leaving Baddeck on Day 2.
The Englishtown Ferry – a cable ferry across a 125 metre channel.
Proceeding from the ferry….
… to arrive at the Clucking Hen Bakery for a rendezvous with our Support Team.
All fooling aside, here’s the first look at the Cape Smokey climb.
Looking down, half way up Smokey you can see in the distance the road we were just on.
The Cape Smokey Lookoff.
On top of ol’ Smokey.
Descending Smokey into Ingonish Ferry.
At the Ingonish Beach — finishing a hot and humid Day 2.
A most memorable dinner at The Main Street Restaurant
Our Cabot Trail Cycling Adventure
- Day 1 – The Causeway to Baddeck
- Day 2 – Baddeck to Ingonish, climbing Smokey
- Day 3 – Ingonish to Meat Cove to Pleasant Bay, climbing North Mountain
- Day 4 – Pleasant Bay to Glenora Distillery
- Day 5 – Glenora Distillery to the Causeway