Day 1 Route ~ August 29, 2022 (96 km)
- Starting on TransCanada just north of the Causeway
- Melford / Upper River Denys / Iron Mines
- First sign of water at approx. 45 km
- Whycocomagh Reserve / Whycocomaugh
- Nyanza Bay / Buckwheat Corner
- Exit TransCanada on 205 (Shore Road) into Baddeck
- Baddeck Bay Sojourn (Water Street along Chebucto Road)
- Finish Day 1 at the Lynnwood Inn
Crossing the Causeway… It would be five days before we saw this bridge again…
At the start of the Cabot Trail adventure.
The initial stretch was along the TransCanada Highway.
The first sighting of water at approximately 45 km mark.
Looking over Nyanza Bay opposite MacGregors Pond.
Stopped to refuel at a Cape Breton landmark.
It was a beautiful ride into Baddeck.
Baddeck Boardwalk is picture perfect.
We completed a Baddeck Bay sojourn to the far end of the bay.
Arriving into the Lynnwood Inn at the end of the first day — and still smiling!
Enjoying a walk along the waterfront with our #1 Support Team Member!
Our Cabot Trail Cycling Adventure
- Day 1 – The Causeway to Baddeck
- Day 2 – Baddeck to Ingonish, climbing Smokey
- Day 3 – Ingonish to Meat Cove to Pleasant Bay, climbing North Mountain
- Day 4 – Pleasant Bay to Glenora Distillery
- Day 5 – Glenora Distillery to the Causeway