Day 5 Route ~ September 2, 2022 (81 km)
- Left Glenora Distillery on road via Route 19
- Mabou – turn onto the Celtic Shores Coastal Trail
- Side visit into Port Hood
- Rejoined rail trail south of Port Hood
- Celtic Shores Coastal Trail through Judique & Craignish
- Continued onto a washed out Sea Walk for 3 kilometres
- Cycled last kilometre to the Causeway
- Ended Day 5 with the traditional salutes
Left Glenora Distillery on road in fine spirits.
At Mabou we started out on the Celtic Shores Coastal Trail.
A quick side track to see Port Hood.
Then continued along the seaside rail trail…
… so many beautiful sights and great seaside breezes through Judique and Craignish.
We continued on the trail onto a washed out Sea Walk for 3 kilometres.
But the last kilometre we cycled to the Causeway…
… and ended Day 5 with the traditional salutes.
Unfortunately, we had come to the end of our trail, a 450 km adventure that was a life experience.
Our Cabot Trail Cycling Adventure
- Day 1 – The Causeway to Baddeck
- Day 2 – Baddeck to Ingonish, climbing Smokey
- Day 3 – Ingonish to Meat Cove to Pleasant Bay, climbing North Mountain
- Day 4 – Pleasant Bay to Glenora Distillery
- Day 5 – Glenora Distillery to the Causeway