Day 3 Route ~ August 31, 2022 (81 km)
- Leaving Ingonish / Lakies Head
- Exit Cabot Trail to Neils Harbour
- Neils Harbour to White Point, along White Point Road
- Continue to Cape North and exit Bay St. Lawrence Road
- Climb Sugar Loaf to Capstick (where the blacktop ends)
- Meat Cove
- From Cape North proceed to North Mountain
- The North Mountain climb
- Arrive at the Mountain View Cottages to end the ride for Day 3
Leaving Ingonish to enjoy sights of Lakies Head
Exit the Cabot Trail for Neils Harbour
Leaving Neils Harbour to White Point….
… and the most beautiful scenes along White Point Road.
Continue to Cape North and exit Bay St. Lawrence Road and
the climb of Sugar Loaf to Capstick where the blacktop ends.
Looking out over the cliffs of Meat Cove.
From Cape North proceed along the Cabot Trail…
… to North Mountain and a climb of six kms.
Alexander made it to the summit and I was rescued a little more than a kilometer from the top. Thank heavens for our Support Team!
Arrive at the Mountain View Cottages to put our feet up (only momentarily)…
… as we then completed an evening hike of the Skyline Trail.
Our Cabot Trail Cycling Adventure
- Day 1 – The Causeway to Baddeck
- Day 2 – Baddeck to Ingonish, climbing Smokey
- Day 3 – Ingonish to Meat Cove to Pleasant Bay, climbing North Mountain
- Day 4 – Pleasant Bay to Glenora Distillery
- Day 5 – Glenora Distillery to the Causeway